Sunday, March 30, 2014

Grand Theft Poetry (blog edition)

Don't be afraid to look up say hello and wave. I can't remember specific thoughts or even specific conversations. Not one stands out in my memory as something significant or great. I can remember you. The way your eyes seemed to get brighter at night.  You are just a memory now. That's what makes my heart hurt the most. 

White rose petals. Closed eyes. Baths. My head underwater enough for my ears to hear the sounds of the water. Sometimes I wonder if I can actually get through a day with out crying myself to sleep at night. If my nightmares will ever go away.

A lot of people have told me that I have a lot of patience. But I feel I have never had the patience for myself.I walk through this life, and maybe one day, I'll see this world for all of it's beauty instead of it's insecurities. Until then, I continue through this life listening to my head and my heart, my brain and my blood supplier. The two places where I have found happiness, the things I turned to. 

I tried to push back the thoughts from my head. 
But the memories pushed harder. 

I guess the best poems come from the saddest moments.



When he said the thoughts in his head would eventually kill him. 
I broke.
 Like a sad story to a tragic movie that the ending didn't really have an ending. Just an unresolved plot line and a climax that not a single person could understand. An inception of my life that I never could figure out. I still can't.

I'm still in that half-dream, trying to adjust to the light as you pull the curtains apart and tell me to wake up.  And you're going to pounce on the bed and shake me awake but I've never seen the sun.

A man goes to a doctor and requests to have a cure to his sickness. The doctor asks the man a series of questions. The man answers truthfully to some, and lies to others.I try to be patient. To understand.
But this knife in my side is starting to take it’s toll. Memories washed out by the tears threaded through my veins. Looking in a mirror that’s shattered by disappointment.
And I cut myself picking up the pieces.

When you have spent all your life preparing for this moment, you haven’t appreciated life to the point where you realize the significance of its passing.
I remember.
I felt the life sliding out of me,
like a heavy load,
drugged perhaps by the hum of a long afternoon.
You looked me in the eyes.
I saw into your soul.
You told me you loved me,
Softly,
Sincerely,
The whisper of your breath on my cheek.
I believed every word that fell from your mouth.
I just didn't reciprocate.

The unknown is something you can not change. It is what makes you question yourself and others.
I'm afraid of the dark.
I'm afraid of crossing the street.
I'm afraid of time. Because I know that it will go too fast.
Someone in this world is crying right now because somewhere in this world they just lost someone and had to say goodbye.  People are saying goodbye to someone they love every second of every day..
time slipped through our hands. I spent a year trying to Remember THAT Dream, but I never could figure out how the pieces fit together.I wanna have those feelings again, the ones I have in my dreams. The ones where I wake up in a cold sweat cause I'm feeling so alive.
Love is just the way I think I feel when I look at you.
Love is what I think I feel when you smile at my terrible jokes
I thought love was when I kissed you on the forehead and you dug further into my chest. I thought love was learning that song on the piano, because it was your favorite and you, for some reason, begged to hear me sing.
I guess I was scared because I think I meant it, but I'm not sure you did. and I thought you did.

 But the truth is, I've lost love, and I never got a copy of the recipe.




Dora Wyatt, Feathers on Fish, Gray Evasion, Little Fox Girl, Peter Mckeller, Agnes Moorehead, Trevor Powers, Sampson Rox. III, I killed JFK, Dean Wolfe, you could see me now, Geez Louise, Canyyouseeme, Words from the peak, Jackie O, Use Soap, Alis Priddy, Witch of the North... Possibly others but I've forgotten exactly. You know who you are. I told you what I stole.


5 comments:

  1. You da best. If you know the color of the back rounds you can find out who they are. I know a few...

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the way this looked, And I liked all of the ones you liked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this flows so perfectly. and everything you stole was magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was hoping it would make a single poem all together.

      Delete