Sunday, April 6, 2014

Jealousy


Darling, did you know that a blue whale has a heart the size of a car?

This is without a doubt the best love poem I've ever heard. This is the kind of poem you listen to over and over, and you never get tired of it. It takes more than one sitting to absorb it.

Whenever I hear this poem, I get reminded that the human race has a lot more to it than what my mom says. Or at least I hope it does. I'm collecting hope in jars, and this is definitely going in the collection.

I love this poem because it reminds me of that part of a song, the part that gets you. The part where the harmonies combine and there's a crescendo, and it's so sweet you want it to last forever. It leaves you whispering poetic things in your head about everything. Suddenly your bedroom wall has a purpose.

I listen to this and cross my fingers that someday I'll be able to create things that tug at the heartstrings.

1 comment:

  1. "I love this poem because it reminds me of that part of a song, the part that gets you. The part where the harmonies combine and there's a crescendo, and it's so sweet you want it to last forever. It leaves you whispering poetic things in your head about everything. Suddenly your bedroom wall has a purpose."

    Oh my gosh. This is SO good. I read this post 5 times. wow!

    ReplyDelete