Monday, February 3, 2014

Humans and Robots


(Brass Goggles - Steam Powered Giraffe)

I know sometimes I talk like I'm an outsider looking in. To tell you the truth, I don't understand everything about the human race. Sometimes I wonder if I'm really human, or if I'm something else. Sometimes I wish I wasn't a part of the human race.

I don't know why I'm fond of robots. Maybe it's because they're steady, like a clock. Their odds and ends mystify me. There's the robots we're familiar with, like our computers. But I think we can all agree that the robots we like the most are the ones that act like humans.

Robots with personalities are fascinating. We don't even know how personalities come to be—not really. There's too many factors involved. Sometimes I think that things have as much personality as you give them. 


Well, now that I think about it, humans are pretty remarkable. Who else finds the personality, the feelings, in everything?


Humans are the only creatures I know of that are affected by a pretty sunset.


---

People are soaring, always exploring,
higher than they've ever been before
But we are still down here,
feet on the ground near
what will rise us up with the rest
Our thoughts are quixotic, stark and robotic,
mechanical in nature all the time
And pulses are firing in our head wiring,
guiding all our actions and beings...
...I am not an unimaginable thing
My thoughts are tangible
though they're full of springs


-- Steam Powered Giraffe (Automatonic Electronic Harmonics)

2 comments:

  1. finally!! someone who likes caravan palace!!!!!! I looooooooove them!!!
    you have a grand taste in music!! also I love this post. so I will keep tuning for more music and posts!!

    ReplyDelete