Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Keep Moving Forward

Y'know those times where you feel you're not good enough? Those times where you look back at your writing and you cringe; you think it's too cheesy, it's amateur. You look at others and you get inspired. It's like someone took a machine gun to the muses, and their hot, passionate blood spilled all over their work. Then you try to do the same, to let yourself out. You know you can do it, but when you look back at what you've done, you're discouraged. It's not what you had in mind.

And that's okay.

When I think of hard times like this, I think of Vincent Van Gogh. He thought his work was worthless. In fact, so did everyone else. But when I look at his paintings, I can only marvel at their beauty. Now, he's considered one of the greatest artists ever. 

I think it all stems down to being in the right audience. Nothing you create is worthless. If someone doesn't like it, then they just weren't the right audience. Don't care what other people think. As someone wiser than me once said, it is impossible to go backwards. Everything you do helps your progress. One day, you'll create something that will knock your own socks off.

And of course, I just happen to have a song. Someday I'll get it right, maybe even tonight.


3 comments:

  1. I love the way you wrote about the muses." It's like someone took a machine gun to the muses, and their hot, passionate blood spilled all over their work.". Vincent van Gogh only sold one painting in his whole career of being an artist. And now he is considered one of the best artists of all time. Keep Writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me feel better. Thank you.(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like someone took a machine gun to the muses and their hot, passionate blood spilled all over their work.

    I'm mesmerized with this concept. And your sheer lyrical sense.

    ReplyDelete